The baby images used in this template are licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (CC BY 3.0). See the FAQ here for usage requirements. The two babies are part of a Baby Vector .eps image with several poses available from Allvectors.com. Download the .eps image from Allvectors.com and see the proceeding tutorial for how to modify this template.
TemplateThis template does not contain the complete Baby Vector .eps image. What you will find in the template are two images I extracted from the larger illustration, saved as PNG files, and inserted into the template. There are 3 pages. Page 1 contains information about the template (what is written above). Page 2 is version 1 of the birth announcement. Page 3 is version 2 of the birth announcement. Edit the text, inserting your own personalized information.
Fonts for Baby AnnouncementsFreestyle Script and BruceOldStyle BT were used in the template. Substitute whatever fonts you like. Some free font suggestions for the baby name:
- Scriptina has light, airy flowing strokes. It can be fancy without overpowering the illustration.
- Noodle Script has thicker strokes, a bit like the Freestyle Script in the examples, but is upright.
- Angelica has a few halos for your little angel. It's an irregular serif font with curls.
- Matilde is a free OpenType font with tiny little curls and short serifs.
Images for Baby AnnouncementsYou could put an actual picture of your newborn on the card if you have one ready in a hurry (this card is really designed as something to hand out right away before spending time processing photos). Some other clip art options:
- Stork Carrying a Baby vector. Either place it on the right side of your card or flip the image.
- Black Baby vector in EPS or CDR format has a blue diaper and blue pacifier.
- Free Vector Animals include a cute elephant and giraffe.
- Choose a Template
- Set Margins
- Add a Border
- Import Picture
- Crop Picture
- Position and Re-size Picture
- Add Text
- Add Text in Columns
- Format Bullet List
- Fine-tune Layout of Card #1
- Create Duplicate; Clear Cropping
- Re-crop Picture
- Position New Picture
- Fine-tune Layout of Card #2
- This page Get Template, Fonts, Images
Post your questions or comments about this tutorial.