Try all of these options for viewing your document:
- Choose the Zoom tool (magnifying glass in the Tools palette) then click on an area in the publication. It will zoom to the next larger view size (based on your current magnification). To zoom out, choose the zoom tool then hold down the Option (Mac) or Alt (Windows) key then click on the publication. When in zoom in mode, your mouse pointer becomes a magnifying glass with a plus sign. In zoom out mode, the magnifying glass has a minus sign.
- Switch quickly to the Zoom tool by holding down Cmd+Spacebar (Mac) or Ctrl+Spacebar (Windows) to zoom in or the Cmd+Opt+Spacebar (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar (Windows) when using any other tool.
- Switch to the Zoom tool (using the Cmd/Ctrl+Spacebar keystroke) then click and drag a rectangular selection box around the area you want to zoom in on and release the mouse button. InDesign zooms in on that selection to make it fit the publication window.
- Zoom to a specific magnification from 5% to 4000% by typing the percentage in the Magnification field (lower left corner) then pressing Return/Enter. Quickly jump into the Magnification field by pressing Cmd+Opt+5 (Mac) or Ctrl+Alt+5.
- Click on the arrow beside the magnification field to display the magnification menu, then choose preset increments of 5%, 12.5%, 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%, 150%, 200%, 300%, 400%, 600%, 800%, 1200%, 1600%, 2400%, 3200%, or 4000%.
- Zoom with the View menu to "standard" magnifications of Actual Size (100%), 200%, 400%, 50%, Fit Page in Window, and Fit Spread in Window. Each of these magnifications also have keyboard shortcuts as shown in the following table:
|Actual size (100%)||Cmd+1||Ctrl+1|
|Fit Page in Window||Cmd+0 (zero)||Ctrl+0 (zero)|
|Fit Spread in Window||Cmd+Opt+0||Ctrl+Alt+0|
|+ means "and" that is, Ctrl+1 means hold down the Control and 1 keys simultaneously. When plus refers to the plus sign, (plus) appears in parentheses as in Cmd++(plus) means hold down the Command and Plus keys at the same time.|