Question: What Color is Vermilion?
This orange-red color comes from the pigment found in the mineral cinnabar. Vermilion may also be spelled vermillion.
, also known as cinnabar
and China red
, is red with a bit of orange in it, much like scarlet
. It can be produced naturally (from the mineral cinnabar) and artificially.
Shades of Vermilion:
- Vermilion | Hex #E34234 | RGB 227,66,52
- Orange Red (Web color orangered) | Hex #FF3F00 | RGB 255,69,0
- Orange Red 2 | Hex #EE4000 | RGB 238,64,0
- Scarlet | Hex #FF2400 | RGB 255,36,0
- Tomato 2 | Hex #EE5C42| RGB 238,92,66
- Coral 2 | Hex #EE6A50 | RGB 238,106,80
- Vermilion is a warm color.
- The color of life and eternity, vermilion carries with it the same symbolism as red -- a power color associated also with love and marriage and religion.