Question: What Color is Fuchsia?
Designers familiar with four-color process printing or desktop printer users who frequently have to refill ink cartridges, will recognize fuchsia as the M in CMYK or the pinkish ink cartridge that is sometimes referred to as the red ink — magenta, a pinkish-red color.
Answer: On the purple side of pink, fuchsia is another name for magenta, the pinkish-red ink used in CMYK color printing made of equal parts of red and blue. Named for the pink-purple flower of the fuchsia plant, it is sometimes described as hot pink, reddish-purple, vivid pink, light purple, etc. Antique fuchsia is a more lavender-leaning shade of fuchsia.
Common misspelling: fuschia
Some of the faces of fuchsia and magenta:
- Fuchsia (Web color) | Hex #FF00FF | RGB 255,0,255
- Hot Pink (Web color) | Hex #FF69B4 | RGB 255,105,180
- Deep Pink | Hex #FF1493 | RGB 255,20,147
- Dark Magenta (Web color) | Hex #8B008B | RGB 139,0,139
- Neon Fuchsia | Hex #FE59C2 | RGB 254,89,194
- Fashion Fuchsia | Hex #F400A1 | RGB 244,0,161
- Deep Fuchsia (Crayola: Fuchsia) | Hex #C154C1 | RGB 193,84,193
- Antique Fuchsia | Hex #915C83 | RGB 145,92,131
The SVG color keywords fuchsia and magenta are both for the Web color #FF00FF. The CSS color keyword for #FF00FF is fuchsia. #FF00FF is also one of the browser safe color. The keywords hotpink and darkmagenta are for #FF69B4 and #8B008B respectively.
- Fuchsia / Magenta is a mixed warm/cool color.
- Although fuchsia, like pink, is often consider a feminine color, it's not soft or genteel. It's a playful color that can be sophisticated when paired with cool, dark colors. Too much fuchsia can be overwhelming.