- The tilde accent marks are found on the upper and lower case letters A,N, and O as in Ã ã Ñ ñ Õ õ
- On a Mac, hold down Opt while typing the letter n and the letter to be accented to create characters with tilde accent marks.
- Under Windows hold down ALT while typing the appropriate number code on your numeric keypad to create characters with tilde accent marks.
For Windows, the number codes for the upper case letters are:
For Windows, the number codes for the lower case letters are:
- In HTML, render characters with tilde accent marks by typing the & (ampersand symbol) then the letter (A, n, etc.), then the word tilde, then ; (semicolon) such as:
& ntilde; for ñ
& Otilde; for Õ
(with no space after &)
- In HTML the characters with tilde accent marks may appear smaller than surrounding text. You might want to enlarge the font for just those characters under some circumstances.
- Under Windows, don't use the numbers at the top of keyboard. Use the numeric keypad and be sure Num Lock is turned ON.
- Some programs may have special keystrokes for creating diacriticals, including the tilde accent marks. See the application manual or help files if these keystrokes don't work for creating tilde accent marks.