Silver, especially a shiny, metallic silver, is cool like gray but livelier, more playful. Silver can be sleek and modern or impart a feeling of ornate riches.
Nature and Culture of Silver:
Silver often symbolizes riches, just as gold does. Silver can be glamorous and distinguished. While gray-haired men and women are seen as old, silver-haired denotes a graceful aging. Silver is the traditional Twenty-Fifth Wedding Anniversary gift.
Using Silver with Other Colors:
Language of Silver:
- Silver screen - movies, especially classic movies
- Silver-tongued - witty, eloquent speaker
- Pieces of silver - money, especially coins
- Silver-tongued devil - articulate speaker perceived to be insincere, possibly a liar
- Born with a silver spoon in one's mouth - usually used as a putdown against someone born into a wealthy family who never had to work for a living
Silver Words: These words are synonymous with silver or represent various shades of the color silver.
Gun metal, gray, metallic grey.
What's Your Favorite Color?
Red | Green | Gold | Turquoise | Blue | Purple | Pink | Black | Orange | Yellow
View Results for Your Favorite Color Poll