Typography Rules, Typesetting Guidelines
1. Use Only One Space After Punctuation
Stop using your computer like a typewriter.
2. Don't Use Double-Hard Returns After Paragraphs
Let your software do the spacing.
3. Use Fewer Fonts
Tone down the type and improve readability.
4. Use Ragged-Right or Fully Justified Appropriately
Find out how to choose your alignment.
5. Use Centered Text Sparingly
There are only a few instances where centering works well.
6. Balance Line Length with Type Size
Make sure you don't have too many or too few word on each line.
7. Use All Caps with the Right Fonts
Stop shouting and use capitals properly.
8. Use Proper Typographical Punctuation
Finetune quotes, apostrophes, and other punctuation.