Flag Pattern Template for Stars (11K PDF)
Print pattern on 8.5x10 paper or trim one inch after printing on letter size paper. Fold paper and cut a 5 point star in one snip. Experiment with plain paper first. It can be tricky but it is a lot like folding fancy paper airplanes. The way you turn and fold the paper can yield slightly different star patterns.
- Small Stars: Cut 8.5x10 page into 4 parts to make 4 small stars, each with a different pattern.
- Change Pattern: Open template in a graphics program. Resize and duplicate all over the page. Print. Cut stars.
- Decorate: Glue a straw or stick on back and tuck into floral arrangements. Scatter stars on a table and cover with a clear plastic tablecloth. Attach a string and hang stars from the ceiling. Use large stars as invitations. Write invite on back.
- No Waste: Don't waste that cut-away paper and ink. Use a decorative paper punch to make confetti from leftover edges. Or run the bits through your paper shredder to create colorful bits for packing gifts, filling baskets, etc.
- Make Someone a Star: Instead of printing the above pattern, print a photo of yourself or your kids in the middle of the page. Fold and cut. (If you want, use a warm (not hot) iron on the back of the paper to smooth the creases you made while folding the star.)