Whether or not you are a whiz with a camera, you can improve your photographs with an inexpensive piece of equipment that you make yourself. This simple cardboard and tissue paper setup is useful for taking photographs of small objects, doing your own product shots, or photographing items to include in your graphic design portfolio
- a cardboard box
- white tissue paper
- scissors or box cutter
- poster board (white, black, or other colors)
Use a box that is large enough to hold the objects you wish to photograph.
This tutorial is based on articles from the Strobist and Reverb. For more tips and alternative methods, see those tutorials.
- you are here
- Cut Out the Box Sides and Top
- Cover the Open Sides and Top With Paper
- Place a Sheet of Poster Board Inside Box
- Photograph Objects Inside Your Lightbox