Part of the Adobe Acrobat family of products, Distiller is the main engine for turning PostScript files into PDF documents. Although there are other programs for generating PDF files, Acrobat Distiller is the primary one. Some page layout software programs can generate PDF files from within the program, but sometimes are simply acting as a frontend to Distiller, which must also be installed.
- Get Distiller in Adobe Acrobat. Buy Direct from Adobe.
- Learn more about Adobe Acrobat X, the newest edition of the Acrobat program (as of 2010-11).
- Learn about using Adobe Distiller Server for high volume PDF creation from PostScript in a workgroup environment.
Creating PDF FilesDesktop publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite, QuarkXPress, and Serif PagePlus can open, edit, and save files in the PDF format.
- How to Save a PostScript File to PDF Using Distiller
- How to Make PDFs from QuarkXPress
- Create PDF Files for Free
- More Software for PDF Creation & Management
Reading PDF Files Created With DistillerIf all you want to do is look at PDF files, do it for free with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Also Known As: Adobe Acrobat | Acrobat Distiller
Examples: Adobe Acrobat Distiller can be run as a standalone utility or from within other applications. It turns PostScript files into PDF files.