1. Technology
You can opt-out at any time. Please refer to our privacy policy for contact information.

Discuss in my forum

Center Marks

Where to fold or cut


crop and center marks

The lines in the middle of the spread are the center marks for cropping and folding. | Prepress Terms | Printing & Finishing Terms | Alpha Index to Full Dictionary:

# | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | XYZ


Vertical lines used to indicate the center of a 2-page spread for folding or cutting are the center marks.

Center marks usually appear at the top and bottom edge of the spread. Center marks are printed with thin lines of about 1/4 to 1/2 inches in length. Because they appear at the point where a spread is folded (or cut) they are not usually noticeable in the finished book or newsletter.

Crop marks serve a similar purpose.

Also Known As: fold marks


Terms Related to Center Marks

©2014 About.com. All rights reserved.