5 of 8
Corel: CorelDRAW Plus Page Layout Options
Left to Right: Corel Ventura, CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X4, Corel Painter X, Corel Painter Essentials 4
Box Shots provided by Corel Corporation
If your page layout needs are mostly short or single-page creatives then the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite
may be all the desktop publishing power you need. Or, pair it up with almost any page layout program.
- Print Publishing: With the CorelDRAW Graphics Suite you could use CorelDRAW for basic page layout. Additionally, the suite includes image editing, lots of clip art, and several useful utilities.
Corel DESIGNER Technical Suite is a similar suite geared toward technical illustration.
- Long Document Publishing: An alternative to Adobe or Quark for long, complex documents is Corel Ventura 10. Just add any Corel graphics suite.
Corel + Other Page Layout Options
- Business Publishing: Team one of the Corel graphics suites with Microsoft Office Publisher.
- Professional Publishing: Use any of the Corel graphics suites with Adobe InDesign (Buy Direct) or QuarkXPress (Compare Prices).
- Low-Cost Publishing: Combine one of the Corel graphics programs with Serif PagePlus.
- Print + Web Publishing: Anyone looking for a low-cost print and Web publishing solution should take a look at Jennifer Krynin's Free and Inexpensive Web Design Software picks at About.com Web Design/HTML. There are solutions to fit most any need and budget.
- Pro Painting: For professional digital imaging, Corel Painter X has digital painting, sketching, and illustration tools.
- Casual Painting: Get a less expensive Painter version geared to home users with Corel Painter Essentials 4. In her review, Guide Sue Chastain says that it "provides a satisfying set of tools and effects for exploring digital art without overwhelming the user with too many options."