NOTE: This is a fictional soap for a fictional soap company. Any resemblance in names or design to any real company or product is purely coincidental.
1. Use the size/dimensions as specified in the box template files. When folded, the front of the box is 2.75 inches by 3.75 inches.
2. In addition to the artwork and copy, the bottom flap should have a bar code (use a placeholder box if you wish).
3. The box should have a place for a description of the product and an ingredients list (use placeholder text unless you want to make up some copy).
4. The phrase "Feed Your Skin" and/or "Your Skin Will Eat It Up" should appear somewhere on the box. These are tag lines the company wishes to retain for all their products. Incorporate either one or both in whatever manner you wish ("Feed Your Skin currently appears on the front of the hang tag and on the back of the box).
5. Use the Saphon logo at least twice on the box (the green oval with the word "Saphon" is used in the samples. Anything similar is fine for the makeover project.
6. The product name is "Carrot & Orange Beauty Bar."
7. You may place text or images as you see fit on the front, back, side, top, and bottom panels. You may also place text and images as you see fit on the front and back of the box header -- note that it has a diecut hole for hanging the box.
Additional Notes on Original Design:
About the Company and the Product:
The Carrot & Orange Beauty Bar is a mild soap containing carrot juice and orange juice and other natural ingredients. There is no added fragrance, no artificial color, no artificial preservatives. Some of the phrases used to describe the product (some are found on the current packaging): All Natural, Soothing, Mild, Gentle, Garden Fresh.
"Your Skin Will Eat It Up" and "Feed Your Skin" are both phrases used in current product marketing for the entire Saphon line. Other products include Tomato & Red Plum Bath Gel, Spinach & LIme Bath Oil, and their newest product, Red Pepper & Strawberry Facial Scrub.
Post Your Redesign for Critique:After you've created your box design, post a message in the Makeover Project: Soap Box discussion thread in the forum. Attach a PDF file or a GIF or JPG or PNG image (saved from your software or a screenshot) to your message. Please take a moment to explain your redesign -- why you chose the colors, images, and typefaces that you used, for example.
Also, take a few minutes to look at the redesigns posted by your fellow designers. Offer your suggestions. Tell us specifically what you do or don't like about individual makeovers.