Question: What Color is Scarlet?
Scarlet is a shade of red with hints of orange. It's the color of flames.
The color scarlet falls between red
and is traditionally a bit on the orange side although the Crayola crayon color of scarlet is a brighter red. Scarlet is sometimes considered a shade of crimson although crimson is redder. Also see vermilion
Some shades of scarlet and colors in the scarlet range:
- Scarlet | Hex #FF2400 | RGB 255,36,0
- Scarlet (Crayola; formerly Torch Red) | Hex #FD0E35 | RGB 253,14,53
- Medium Scarlet (Web color firebrick) | Hex #B22222 | RGB 178,34,34
- Orange Red (Web color orangered) | Hex #FF4500 | 255,69,0
- Scarlet is a warm color.
- Scarlet carries the symbolism of red as a power color. It is closely associated with academics and theology and the military, especially formal occasions and tradition.