Named for the fruit, traditionally plum is an average of the purple and red colors of a plum.
Answer: On the red side of purple, the Web color plum is lighter than the traditional plum color derived from the plum fruit.
Plum is...... a feminine color
... a romantic color
... a royal color
... a Springtime color
... an Easter color
Specifying Shades of Plum
- Plum | Hex #8E4585 | RGB 143,0,255
- Plum (Web color; next to violet) | Hex #DDA0DD | RGB 221,160,221
- Plum 1 (Web; a pale pink) | Hex #FFBBFF | RGB 255,187,255
- Plum 2 (Web) | Hex #EEAEEE | RGB 238,174,238
- Plum 3 (Web) | Hex #CD96CD | RGB 205,150,205
- Plum 4 (Web; dark plum) | Hex #8B668B | RGB 139,102,139
- Plum is a cool and warm color with its mix of blue and red.
- Plum carries the purple symbolism associated with the lighter shades of purple. It's a feminine and romantic color that's less girly than pink. Some shades of plum might be considered lavender or pink or violet.