Question: What Color is Indigo?
One of the colors of the rainbow, indigo — a dark purplish blue — gets it name from the indigo plant used to create the indigo dye.
Indigo is a deep, purply blue with some indigos having more blue or more violet. Some of the many shades of indigo:
- Bright Indigo (Crayola) | Hex #4F69C6 | RGB 79,105,198
- Denim (Crayola) | Hex #1560BD (more blue) | RGB 21,96,189
- Indigo (Web color) | Hex #4B0082 | RGB 75,0,130
- Electric Indigo (Spectral approximation) | Hex #6F00FF (more violet) | RGB 111,0,255
- Indigo dye (approximation) | Hex #00416A (more blue) | RGB 0,65,106
- Indigo is a cool color.
- Carrying the blue symbolism associated with the darker shades of blue, indigo conveys trust, truthfulness, and stability. It also may have some of the authority and royalty of purple as indigo was considered a royal blue.