The bright red color of love known as crimson comes from an insect.
Some shades of crimson and colors in the crimson range:
- Crimson (Web color) | Hex #DC143C | RGB 220,20,60 | CMYK 0,200,160,34
- Alizarin crimson | Hex #E32636 | RGB 227,38,54
- Razzmatazz (Crayola crayon; a rosy crimson) | Hex #E3256B | RGB 227,37,107
- Raspberry (Web color; a dark rosy crimson) | Hex #872657 | RGB 135,38,87
- Crimson is a warm color.
- Crimson carries the symbolism of red as a power color and the color of love. It's also associated with the Church and the Bible. Various shades of crimson are associated with The University of Utah, Harvard University, the University of Oklahoma, and the University of Alabama (the Crimson Tide), among others. In the Elizabethan era crimson was associated with royalty, nobility, and others of high social standing.