The name chartreuse stems from the colors of two different French liqueurs so we have a chartreuse that's more green and another that's more yellow.
Some of the green and yellow shades of chartreuse:
- Chartreuse (aka chartreuse green; Web color) | Hex #7FFF00 | RGB 127,255,0
- Chartreuse (aka chartreuse yellow) | Hex #DFFF00 | RGB 223, 255, 0
- Pear | Hex #D1E231 | RGB 209, 226, 49
- Green-Yellow | Hex #ADFF2F | RGB 173,255,47
- Yellow-Green | Hex #9ACD32 | RGB 154,205,50
- Chartreuse is a mix of warm and cool colors.
- The greener shades of chartreuse have a fresh, Springtime feel and it can be a bit 60s retro. The more yellow chartreuse is a perky color but its warmth is toned down by the bits of green.