- Install the Software. Although you can go ahead and install the software, you won't be able to register it until after you obtain a serial number. The installation will be good for 30 days. Or, you can wait to install the software after you have a valid serial number.
- Locate the Product Code. After purchasing the student edition of Adobe Creative Suite or other Adobe software, look inside the package for a label or sheet of paper that contains your Product Code along with instructions for how to obtain your serial number. Don't lose that paper. The Product Code is clearly identified. It will be a long string of letters and numbers unique to that particular software package.
- Obtain Proof of Eligibility. If you have a current student ID that includes your name and photo and a date, you're all set. However, if your student ID does not have all three items (name/photo/date) then you must supply additional proof of eligibility along with some type of valid photo ID. Adobe accepts the following types of official, current documents:
- nonphoto student ID with name / date
- transcript with your name and school name
- tuition bill with your name and school name
- report card with your name and school name
- other dated proof of enrollment
- Scan Your Proof of Eligibility. Use a scanner or digital camera to create a digital copy of your proof of eligibility. JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIF, and PDF are all acceptable formats as long as the file size is no larger than 3MB. Keep the images at actual size of the document.
- Submit Your Proof of Eligibility Online. Go to http://www.myidentit-e.com/adobe-student-edition (or other address noted in the documentation of your software if different). Follow the instructions to upload your proof of eligibility documents. You'll also need to supply a valid email address (where your serial number will be sent) and the Product Code identified in Step 2. You will also need to supply additional personal information, including your name, address, and name of your school.
- Check Your Email. Within 2-3 business days, if your student status has been verified, you'll receive your serial number at the supplied email address. Check your spam filters because, depending on your email provider, it may get flagged as spam.
If you don't receive your serial number in a timely manner, go back to the Web site from Step 5 and click on the "Check the status of your request" link. You'll need to re-enter your Product Code and email address that you used in Step 5. If approved, your serial number will be shown. Print it!
- Register Your Software. Use the supplied serial number to register your student edition Adobe software. Be sure to read the use restrictions. Adobe Student Edition products may not be resold.
- Eligible Students. Students must be currently enrolled full- or part-time at a higher education institution.
- Eligible Institutions. For purposes of the Adobe Student Edition license, a higher education institution is an accredited public or private university or college (including community, junior, or vocational colleges) that grants degrees requiring not less than two years of full-time study.
What You Need
- Adobe Student Edition Software
- Product Code
- Email Address
- Proof of Eligibility