The Bottom Line
Good alternative to Microsoft Office for those with word processing, spreadsheet, and basic image editing requirements.
- Free for commercial and non-commercial use
- Microsoft Office compatible, including XP
- Publisher: Software602
- Versions: Pro (free), Plus (adds thesaurus, mail merge, XML export, more)
- OS Requirements: Windows 95OSR2/98/Me/NT4,SP5/2000/XP
- 602Text word processor, with spell checker for multiple languages
- 602Tab spreadsheet, with Microsoft Excel compatibility
- 602Photo editor with 8 built-in effects and support for 15 image formats
- 602Album photo organizer for organizing documents, spreadsheets, and photos
- Plus edition adds thesaurus, mail merge, RTF and XML export, bar code support and text-to-speech
Guide Review - 602Pro PC SUITE 2001
Offering some of the most-used features and excellent Microsoft Office compatibility, those familiar with Word and Excel will find 602Text and 602Tab virtually identical. The 14MB download includes a basic photo editor with easy-to-use finetuning options such as red-eye removal and a digital photo album. You must register (free) to actually use the photo album. Other modules simply ask if you want to register now or later. Purchasing the Plus package will add some additional useful word processing features. For word processing and spreadsheets and easy-click image editing, the price is right but its desktop publishing features — beyond what a full-featured word processor is capable of — are limited.
Although no longer listed as a product at the Software602 site, downloads are still available at various download sites.