What many programs call Master Pages, Microsoft Publisher 98 calls Background pages. For two-sided printing or two-page spreads it is often helpful to have separate background pages for left and right pages.
Not using Publisher 98? Explore newer Microsoft Publisher Tutorials
Time Required: NA
- Choose Arrange | Layout Guides.
- Check the box for Create Two Backgrounds with Mirrored Guides.
- You can apply separate or mirrored items, such as page numbers to each background page independently.
- When using two background pages if you want page numbers on all pages you must insert page number markers on both background pages.
- When placing page numbers on two-page spreads it is usually best to not place the page numbers on the inside edges.