Whether as reply cards, newsletters, or announcements, postcards have multiple advantages over other means of contacting customers. Their size makes them less expensive to produce and mail. Recipients are more likely to read a postcard than an unsolicited letter in an envelope. Postcards are more convenient to fill out and return than clip-out order forms, coupons, or other response devices..
Integrate postcards into your marketing plan in one or more of these ways:
- As subscription or renewal postcards for newsletters, magazines, and other periodicals.
- Order forms for almost any type of product.
- Postcard Newsletters (newscards).
- Survey forms.
- Mini-news releases or announcements.
Increase the effectiveness of your marketing postcards with one or more of these techniques:
- Prepaid return postage.
- Pre-addressed return address on card or a pre-addressed envelope.
- Color. Neon-bright paper, pre-printed paper, or photo-postcards attract attention.
- Plenty of room to fill in names and addresses, and easy-to-read large type.
- Check-boxes that allow the recipient to quickly fill out order forms or surveys.
- Incentives such as free gifts or drawings for prizes to entice recipients to return surveys or other types of reply cards.
- Include your mailing address, phone number, or other alternate contact information on the postcard.
- Repeat any special marketing message that is found in accompanying marketing materials.
- Calls to action. Always tell the recipient what to do with the postcard "Fill it out & drop it in the mail" may seem obvious, but say it anyway. It works.
This article originally published in The INK Spot magazine.
Submit an Article or Review for Desktop Publishing
Share your design or software expertise. Sound off on issues relevant to desktop publishing. Submit an article on any aspect of desktop publishing or a review of software, books, or other desktop publishing tools.
|Pick Your Path to Desktop Publishing|
|Get Started:||Basic Guidelines and Requirements for Desktop Publishing|
|Choose Software:||Desktop Publishing and Design Software|
|Tips & Tutorials:||How to Do Desktop Publishing|
|Training, Education, Jobs:||Careers in Desktop Publishing|
|In the Classroom:||Back to School With Desktop Publishing|
|Make Something:||Things to Make for the Holidays|
|Use Templates:||Templates for Print and Web Publishing|