Adobe PageMaker will automatically number pages in the style you designate when the proper page numbering code is placed on the Master Pages of your document.
Time Required: NA
- On a Master Page, click on the page or draw a text block where you want to insert a page number.
- At the point where you want the page number type Ctrl + Alt + P (Windows) or Command + Option + P (Mac).
- Repeat Step 2 on the opposite Master page.
- A page number marker will be on each master page -- LM on the left master, RM on the right master.
- Format the paragraph and page number marker as necessary including adding additional text before or after the page number marker.
- Elements on the Master page are visible but not editable on all foreground pages. You'll see actual page numbers on the foreground pages.
- To omit a page number on some pages turn off display of master page items for that page or cover the number with a white box or create another master page set for pages without page numbers.