- Cedilla accent marks are found on the upper and lower case letter C as in Ç ç
- On a Mac, hold down Opt while typing the letter c for ç or Opt plus Shift plus C for the Ç to create cedilla accent marks.
- Under Windows hold down ALT while typing the appropriate number code on your numeric keypad to create the cedilla accent marks.
For Windows, the number codes for are:
- In HTML, create cedilla accent marks by typing the & (ampersand symbol) then the letter (C, c), then the letters cedil, then ; (semicolon) such as:
& Ccedil; for Ç
& ccedil; for ç
(with no space after the &)
- In HTML the cedilla accent marks may appear smaller than surrounding text. You might want to enlarge the font for just those characters under some circumstances such at display type sizes.
- Under Windows, don't use the numbers at the top of keyboard. Use the numeric keypad and be sure Num Lock is turned ON.
- Some programs may have special keystrokes for creating characters with diacriticals, such as the cedilla accent marks. See the application manual or help files if these keystrokes don't work for creating cedilla accent marks.