- The acute accent marks are found on the upper and lower case vowels Á á É é Í í Ó ó Ú ú Ý ý
- On a Mac, hold down Opt while typing the letter to create characters with the acute accent marks.
- Under Windows hold down the ALT key while typing the appropriate number code on your numeric keypad to create characters with the acute accent marks.
For Windows, the number codes for the upper case letters are:
For Windows, the number codes for the lower case letters are:
- In HTML, render characters with acute accent marks by typing the & (ampersand symbol) then the letter (A, e, etc.), then the word acute, then ; (semicolon) such as:
& eacute; for é
& Uacute; for Ú
(with no space after the &)
- In HTML the characters with acute accent marks may appear smaller than surrounding text. You might want to enlarge the font for just those characters under some circumstances.
- Under Windows, don't use the numbers at the top of keyboard to try to type acute accent marks. Use the numeric keypad and be sure Num Lock is turned ON.
- Some programs may have special keystrokes for creating diacriticals, including the acute accent marks. See the application manual or help files if these keystrokes don't work when trying to type acute accent marks.