In short, desktop publishing is the process of using the computer and specific types of software to combine text and graphics to produce documents such as newsletters, brochures, books, etc. Desktop publishing software is a tool for both graphic designers and non-designers to create visual communications for professional or desktop printing.
Desktop Publishing in DepthIf you want to delve deeper into the history of desktop publishing and how the meaning has changed over the years, start here:
- The Who, What, When, Where, Why, and How of Desktop Publishing - 6 FAQs that cover its definitions, history, and importance
- Software FAQs cover the kind of software you need and how to use it
- How Definitions and Perceptions Affect Desktop Publishing Professionals - do you do desktop publishing?
- Desktop Publishing in the 21st Century - redefining Desktop Publishing as it is used today
- Desktop Publishing Quotations In Others Words... the Meaning and Purpose of Desktop Publishing