Numbers don't necessarily follow the same rules as your ordinary ABCs when it comes to creating attractive text. Improve your numbers:
- Typesetting Numbers explores Old Style, Lining, Proportional, and Tabular Figures and when and how to use each style.
- How to Create Your Own Inline, Diagonal Fractions for those times when your font doesn't divide the way you want.
- Currency and Numbers in Windows Character Map shows you how to find special numbers, fractions, and related symbols in your fonts.
- Create Better Lists of Numbers With Tabs shows how to line up columns of numbers more neatly.
- Leading Zero reveals how "nothing" (zero) adds up in typesetting numbers.
- Phone Numbers: Dots or Dashes dials up a variety of ways that designers and others typeset phone numbers.
- Phone Numbers on Web Sites addresses formatting for an international audience.
- What's Your #? takes a look at your use of Shift+3.