If you work with graphics then you're probably acquainted with bitmap and vector graphics and you know that vector graphics are created in drawing programs such as Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW. But if part of your work involves importing spreadsheet data, there's another vector you'll need to know.
Some other words that mean one thing in desktop publishing (1st instance) and sometimes another in connection with spreadsheets (2nd instance). These are actually not so far apart in meaning as the two vector definitions:
- chart vs. chart (not so different)
- column vs. column (similar)
- graph vs. graph (again, not so different)
- marching ants vs. marching ants
- value vs. value (quite different)